|Blackheads and whiteheads More home remedies Home|
Bookmark this page
Bookmark this page
Blackheads are yellowish or blackish bumps in the skin which are caused by excessive oil, dirt and makeup which have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct. They are commonly found on the nose, forehead and face where the distribution of sebaceous glands producing oil is high. Some of the home remedies for removing blackheads are:
1. Steam your face once a week for 3 to 4 minutes to open up the pores. Squeeze the blackheads out gently using cotton pads dipped in astringent or clean tissue. You may also use blackhead strips. If the blackheads strips are used directly without steaming, the size of the pores will increase every time they are used, causing more blackheads. To close the pores, rub an icecube made of rosewater on the pores.
2. Make a paste of curd and rice flour with 1 tablespoon of each. Apply the paste on the affected area for half an hour. Wash your face with cold water
3.Take a face mask made of
multani mitti or a mixture of lemon juice, honey and curds. Apply it on
the blackheads for at least 20 minutes and then wash it away with cold water.
5. Mix equal amounts of cinnamon powder and limejuice. The paste should be applied to the skin with blackheads overnight and then washed away.
6. Mix Epsom salts and alcohol. Pour the mixture on the affected area, this will ease out the blackheads. Alternately, one tablespoon of Epsom salt, 3 drops of iodine should be added to boiling water. When the mixture cools, a cotton ball should be dipped in this mixture and applied to the blackheads. The blackheads will become loose and can be easily removed.
7. Use a home made face scrub using the white of an egg and a little salt. Apply it on the blackheads with fingertips. Wait till the scrub dries and wash away with water.
8. Reduce the amount of oily foods you eat. Drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses a day) and eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
We hope these remedies solve your problem. If they don't , join our wellness forum, our members will help prevent oily hair.
© Copyright NK Infobase Discuss skincare, haircare, weightloss and other health problems