|Oily hair More home remedies Home|
Bookmark this page
Bookmark this page
Hair becomes oily quickly because excess oil is produced in the follicles of the hair. This is mainly to hereditary factor, but also depends on age and lifestyle. Some of the home remedies for preventing oily hair are:
1. Mix a mild shampoo and baking soda to make a thin paste. Massage it on the scalp twice a week. This removes the oil from the hair and should be effective in a few weeks.
2. Rinse the hair with apple cider vinegar for some time and wash it away. Vinegar removes all chemicals and oil from your hair. Alternately, mix white vinegar with an equal amount of water and spray it on your hair. You may have to wash your hair again till the smell dissipates.
3.Take some baby powder and sprinkle it on your hair lightly. Brush your hair, so that it covers the hair strands from root to the end. The hair should be brushed thoroughly, so that the powder is not visible The powder will absorb the excess oil.
Alternately, you can apply
powder in the front of the hear and wipe it away using a dry towel.
5. Use a shampoo without a conditioner or only a light conditioner (mild shampoo), since the conditioner can make the hair more oily. Conditioner should not be applied directly on the scalp. Lye soap or bath soap will remove all the hair oil, but the hair may become very dry.
6. Boil mint leaves in a 300 ml of water for 20 minutes. Mix the solution with 300 ml shampoo and apply to the scalp. You can also use a natural shampoo using a mixture of amla (Indian gooseberry), shikakai and triphala or ritha (soapnuts).
7. Washing hair with flat beer may remove the excess oil. Witch hazel also removes oil, but has a strong smell, so you will have to wash it off with a shampoo.
8. Do not touch your hair, since the oil from the skin and hands gets absorbed by the hair. Stress also makes the hair more oily, so modify your lifestyle accordingly.
We hope these remedies solve your problem. If they don't , join our wellness forum, our members will help prevent oily hair.hair braiding shops, box braiding, Ghana braids, Tree braiding, knotless braids, Locs extensions, sisterlocks, micro locs, instant locs, Feed-in cornrows, Fulani braids, African braiding shops near me, hair braiding Denver, hair braiding Aurora African hair braiding shops near me hair braiding shops, box braiding, Ghana braids, Tree braiding, knotless braids, Locs extensions, sisterlocks, micro locs, instant locs, Feed-in cornrows, Fulani braids, African braiding shops near me, hair braiding Denver, hair braiding Aurora
© Copyright NK Infobase Discuss skincare, haircare, weightloss and other health problems