|Body odor More home remedies Home|
Bookmark this page
Improve complexion, remove skin tan and make skin fair
Nail care - yellow nails, broken nails
Bookmark this page
Body odor (or odour ) is the smell when bacteria act on the sweat produced by the body. Sweat is a salty liquid and contains organic substances but has no smell by itself. In human beings, the sweat glands are concentrated in the armpits, forehead, palms of the hand and soles of the feet.
Normally sweat is produced to regulate the temperature of the body, but excessive sweating and body odor may be due to stress or medication. Antiperspirants can cause an itch and sometimes clog the pores. Simple precautions and home remedies can prevent body odor.
1.Add a teaspoon of alum or vinegar to your bath water, it will remove the odor.
2. Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) absorbs chemicals. It can be either dusted on the body or added to the water while taking bath. Baby powder can also be applied on the areas which sweat a lot.
3. Soaking in bath water with 2 cups of tomato juice added to it , will get rid of all odors. Mint leaves can also be added to bath water.
4. Take bath with an antibacterial soap at least once a day. This is more effective than most deodorants. If you sweat a lot, take a bath twice, especially in summer. Wear loose cotton clothes which will absorb the sweat quickly, so that the bacteria cannot flourish. Wash and change your clothes frequently
5. Drink plenty of water and eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating refined foods and try to loose weight
6. Trim the hair in the armpit since a lot of sweat is produced in that area to prevent growth of bacteria. Avoid wearing tight clothes.
7. Since we sweat more when we are nervous or under stress, learn to relax and avoid stressful situations.
We hope these remedies solve your problem. If they don't , join our wellness forum, our members will help you prevent body odor.
© Copyright 2007 NK Infobase Discuss hair fall